safeTALK is a half-day training in suicide alertness. It helps participants recognize a person
with thoughts of suicide and connect them with resources who can help them in choosing to live. Participants don’t need any formal preparation to attend the training—anyone age 15 or older who wants to make a difference can learn the safeTALK steps.
Goals & Objectives:
safeTALK helps participants become alert to suicide. Suicide-alert people are better prepared to connect persons with thoughts of suicide with life-affirming help. Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present,
• Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked,
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide,
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe, and
• Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for
further suicide-safer help.
Upcoming safeTALK training TBA
Cost Per Participant: $40.00
If you would like to pay using PayPal, please select button to right:
For questions or inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-953-5769